Thursday 10 October 2013

I'm a Stay-at-Home Mom too

A friend shared this link on her Facebook page today.
http://themattwalshblog.com/2013/10/09/youre-a-stay-at-home-mom-what-do-you-do-all-day

Instinctively I clicked on the link because I am a stay-at-home mom (SAHM) too.   When I read this article, what appealed to me most was not about how great SAHMs are, but rather this husband's appreciation of his wife's contribution as a SAHM to the family.

The incidences that the writer wrote about are not unfamiliar to me too.  Just the other day, I bumped into a friend whom I have not met up for a while.  The conversation went like this:

Friend: So you're still not working?
Me: No, I'm looking after my girl full-time.
Friend: Then I think you don't need to work forever already la!

To myself: Just laugh it off. They don't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment